Lincoln University – Telford Division and Whenua Kura
Lincoln University is recruiting a Senior Tutor (Whenua Kura) to deliver the Telford Certificate in Farming (Dairy) (Level 3). The position will be responsible for guiding predominantly Māori learners through this innovative programme and the role involves teaching and associated duties including: programme development, resource creation and maintenance, and student learning and support. Much of the learning will take place on farms, including Ngāi Tahu farms.
Learners are the first cohort of Whenua Kura students. Whenua Kura is a partnership between Te Tapuae o Rehua, Ngāi Tahu farming and Lincoln University that aims to grow Māori leadership in agriculture. This programme is part of a Māori and Pasifika Trades Training Initiative.
The successful candidate will have:
- A sound knowledge of the dairy industry, including experience
- A tertiary qualification at Level 4 or above
- Up-to-date knowledge of current vocational education systems and grading requirements
- A passion for the industry and enthusiasm for working with young people
- Experience working with Māori learners
- Strong understanding of Te Reo me ōna Tikanga
- A desire to work collaboratively with Whenua Kura partners to advance teaching and learning for Māori whānau in Agriculture
This position is based in Canterbury and will work closely with Te Tapuae o Rehua and Ngāi Tahu farming. National travel may be required.
Application form online
Guidelines for application
For further information please contact Human Resources on +64 3 423 0590. All applications should be accompanied by a covering letter, completed application form and CV.
Background information on Whenua Kura is available on request. For further information, see the Whenua Kura webpage.
All applications must be received by 4.00pm on Tuesday 6 May 2014.