Waterwatch is suitable for students years 7-13.
- Students collect, analyse and interpret environmental data utilising modern technology
- Waterwatch measures a range of physical, chemical and biological indicators of water quality
- Waterwatch is tailored to fit with current school curriculum requirements
- Waterwatch can be customised to meet the needs of your group; field work times and the amount and type of material covered are flexible
- Waterwatch provides all specialist equipment, workbooks, pencils, gumboots and waders so the students can get in the water
- Safety is paramount, and the Waterwatch educators hold current first aid certificates
- Waterwatch provides a good opportunity for learning experiences outside the classroom (LEOTC) and students get to experience real ecology
- Waterwatch also offers support for Science Fair projects, individual student projects for assessments, Cantamaths etc.
- Waterwatch provides an opportunity to practice the key dimensions of environmental education as described in The Environmental Education Guidelines (Ministry Of Education 1999), ie.
o Education in the environment
o Education about the environment
o Education for the environment
o Tools leading to sustainable management of natural resources
Waterwatch Teachers’ Guide (PDF 1 MB).