Department of Agricultural Sciences
The Department of Agricultural Sciences is responsible for teaching and research in the plant and animal sciences, and in crop and livestock production.
The teaching and research brings a strategic and applied focus to technologies of particular relevance to New Zealand’s including export-orientated land-based industries.
The range of research conducted is extensive including:
* Alternative dryland pasture species
* Animal nutrition
* Conversion of forests into pasture
* Economic viability of New Zealand farming systems
* Grain legume agronomy
* Nitrogen fixation and nitrogen cycling
* Shelter on dairy farms
* Sustainability in farming systems.