* Animal and plant science
* Food science
* Sensory science
* Viticulture and wine science.
* Animal, plant breeding and genetics (molecular and quantitative) to confer resistance to disease caused by pathogens
* Content and availability of bioactive compounds
* Detection of environmental toxicants using biosensors
* Industrial fermentation, microbial stress responses, practices for safe food production, health beneficial microbes
* Influence of environmental stressors on animal and plant health (microbial infections, UV damage in plants, temperature stress in dairy cattle and poultry)
* Innovative technologies in juice and wine processing
* Meat quality
* Pest and disease management
* Sensory theory
* Vineyard practice and effects on grape quality (especially for Pinot Noir)
* Use of computer simulation to predict biological and physical phenomena.
Want more information?
Head of Department
+64 3 423 0733