Their role is to ensure the University meets expectations for educational quality and relevance, as well as organisational development goals.
The Vice-Chancellor is responsible for advancing the interests of the University, particularly through strategic planning, developing culture, values and motivation, and optimising outputs from available resources. He is also responsible for employing staff and for academic leadership.
The Vice-Chancellor reports to Council
on the achievement of agreed objectives, which relate to the overall operation of the University and to issues of academic quality.
The key activities of the University are managed by the Vice-Chancellor through delegations to senior managers.
Senior Management Group:
* Professor Robin Pollard, Vice-Chancellor
* Dr James Buwalda, Project Manager
* Howard Gant, Chief Financial Officer
* Philippa Jones, Chief Operating Officer
* Professor Bruce McKenzie, Chief Academic Officer
* Adrian Carpinter, Director, Governance
Additional members (extended):
* Professor Hugh Bigsby, Dean, Faculty of Agribusiness and Commerce
* Professor Grant Edwards, Dean (interim), Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences
* Emma Gibbons, Director, Human Resources
* Linda Harrison, Director, LincolnConnect (interim)
* Damian Lodge, Director, Library, Teaching and Learning and University Librarian
* Dr Lorraine Petelo, Chair, Academic Board
* Professor Greg Ryan, Dean, Faculty of Environment, Society and Design
Telephone: 03 423 0175