Degrees, Diplomas and Certificates

Photo of students sitting in a lecture theatreLincoln offers a wide range of academic programmes.

If you are new to study at university you should look to match up your area of interest with first year undergraduate programmes.



Undergraduate Diplomas

There are two different types of undergraduate diplomas - pre-degree and degree level study.

The one-year, Level 5 Diplomas in Agriculture and Horticulture do not require the University Entrance qualification however applicants must meet alternative entry standards. They can be studied full-time, part-time or off campus at some locations.  Students who complete one of these diplomas can continue on to the Level 6 Diplomas in Farm Management or Horticultural Management.

Should you decide to continue on to a degree, some credit can be gained for your diploma courses.

The Level 5 Diplomas in Applied Science, Commerce, and Natural Resources are intended for those who have achieved university entrance and want to undertake degree level study but do not want to commit to three years of study. They can be studied full-time or part-time.  All the courses passed can be credited to a bachelor's degree.


Bachelor's Degrees and Honours

Bachelor's Degrees and Honours

There are 14 different options. Most degrees require three years' of full-time study, but part-time is an option.

Most Bachelor's Degrees with Honours involve six units of study at postgraduate level and can provide entry to the PhD programme.


Graduate certificates and diplomas

These are ideal for those wanting to broaden existing knowledge, gain industry experience or re-train in areas of demand. These programmes can be studied full or part-time.


Postgraduate study

Postgraduate study is about extending your qualifications by taking further, more advanced study, usually in the same field as your first degree.

Postgraduate certificates and diplomas are only open to the holders of a related degree.

Master's and Doctoral Degrees involve a research component. You will need a bachelors' degree to qualify.


Page last updated on: 19/06/2014