Admission to BEM (Hons) is by application only. BEM (Hons) is open to students who have completed either the Bachelor of Environmental Management and Planning, another relevant Lincoln University undergraduate degree, or an equivalent degree from another university.
If completed after a BEMP. with a Professional Planning minor, and with
included in the courses taken, the BEM (Hons) meets the academic criteria for becoming a Professional Planner.
This page outlines the requirements for acceptance to an Honours Programme at Lincoln University:
- Honours is available by application only, after the completion of a relevant degree.
- Applicants must have a B+ average in the 300 level courses.
This is your application checklist:
Documents and information you need to have available
- You need English as a first language or provide documentation of your English Language proficiency
- Birth certificate or passport, certified copies only
- Academic transcripts, official copies or certified copies of all tertiary education qualifications either completed or partially completed
- The name of the area you're applying for honours in (e.g. Ecology) and a statement of research interest
Steps you'll need to take:
What happens next:
- We will e-mail a username and password to you, giving you access to the Lincoln University Campus Administration System (LUCAS). You can then check the status of your application within LUCAS.
- If approved, you will be sent a conditional or unconditional offer of admission, we will email and/or post a copy of this to you. You will also be asked to accept your offer via LUCAS. Clear anything listed on your LUCAS To Do List
- You enrol - Select your term for example Semester Two, 2010 and add classes
- You register (finalise your enrolment) - e.g. pay your fees, course advisor approves your courses
- Contact the Faculty for orientation and meet all the other students and staff from round New Zealand and the world that you'll be studying with.
* Denotes availability of definition in the glossary