Find out more about our masters programmes.
This page outlines what is required for you to apply to be accepted as a masters student.
To apply for a masters degree at Lincoln University:
- Applicants must have a relevant degree with a B grade* average in the 300 level courses and final year (full time equivalent), and
- Applicants must meet our English language requirement.
This is your application checklist:
Documents and information you need to have available:
- Birth certificate or passport, certified copies only
- Academic transcripts *, official copies or certified copies of all tertiary qualifications either complete or partially completed
- Statement of research interest *
- Name and email address of two referees
- Curriculum vitae *
- Research abstract.
Steps you'll need to take:
What happens next:
- We will e-mail a username and password to you, giving you access to the Lincoln University Campus Administration System (LUCAS). You can then check the status of your application within LUCAS.
- If approved, you will be sent a conditional or unconditional offer of admission, we will email and/or post a copy of this to you. You will also be asked to accept your offer via LUCAS. Clear anything listed on your LUCAS To Do List
- You enrol - Select your term e.g. semester two, 2010 and add classes and if research only add select your research term e.g.2010 and add class e.g. PLSC (area of specialisation) and code 651(masters)
- You register (finalise your enrolment) - e.g. pay your fees, course advice approval from your supervisor
- Contact the Faculty for orientation and meet all the other students and staff from round New Zealand and the world that you'll be studying with
* Denotes availability of definition in the glossary