The Certificate in University Preparation is a full-time programme studied over one semester, and can be started in February, July or November.
This university preparation course provides a pathway for:
- Students from New Zealand secondary schools (domestic and international) who have narrowly failed to meet the academic requirements for undergraduate entry,
- Students over 18 who left school before completing a full traditional secondary school programme and who are looking to re-enter the education system,
- Adults wishing to return to formal learning in the tertiary sector.
Some advantages of the Certificate are:
- A second chance to prepare for university
- The opportunity to study on-campus with your peer group
- A course designed to ensure you succeed at undergraduate level
- Small classes
- Excellent teaching
- Student loans are available to permanent residents and citizens.