Because the University observes the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students we carefully monitor this. All New Zealand Universities endorse the insurance plan known as Studentsafe-University which is the preferred insurance at Lincoln University.
Although not compulsory for Australian students Lincoln University still recommends that all Australian students take out appropriate medical and travel insurance for the duration of their study.
The benefits of Studentsafe-University:
* Free Health Care from the Doctor, the Nurses, or the Counselling staff at Student Health and Support on-campus for matters coming under the scope of the insurance
* No Application Forms. The premium will simply be added to tuition fees when you enrol Students are automatically insured for up to 31 days prior to the course start date (including insurance for travel from your home country)
* Management by an Insurance Broker. MARSH Ltd manages the plan on behalf of all New Zealand Universities.
The following prices are in New Zealand dollars and are effective from 1 January 2016^:
* $589.00 for 12 months cover
* $294.50 for 6 months cover.
For students on part year programmes only:
* $50.00 per month for courses less than one month
* Otherwise, minimum cover is 2 months $98.17
Family policies are available on request:
* $1,178.00 for 12 months cover (two adults or one parent and one child)
* $1,472.00 for 12 months cover (more than two family members).
^ Insurance premiums are subject to occasional market fluctuations.
Other insurance policies
If you choose to purchase a different policy you must make sure it is compliant and that the policy expiry date is valid until your return home, or for the period of your student visa, if you are staying in New Zealand.
MARSH Ltd provides an assessment service advising Lincoln University of policies that meet the required standards. We strongly advise that you do not take out insurance from your home country as policies generally do not meet the specific requirements for New Zealand compliance. The following New Zealand policies have been assessed and approved by MARSH as compliant#:
* Studentsafe-University - Allianz
* NZ Student Plan - AIG Uni-care
* Studentcare Plus Plan - Interglobal Insurance Company Ltd
* Orbit Protect Prime Plan - Lumley General Insurance (NZ) Ltd
* International StudentMax Plan - Southern Cross Travel Insurance).
The following New Zealand student policies are non-compliant:
* Studentcare Plan - Interglobal Insurance Company Ltd
* Orbit Protect Lite Plan - Lumley General Insurance (NZ) Ltd
* International StudentEssentials Plan - Southern Cross Travel Insurance (NZ).
# Lincoln University reserves the right to amend this list at any time.
Want more information?
If there is any other information that you require regarding insurance the please contact Lincoln University on email email@example.com