Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences
The Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences provides the foundation of knowledge for land-based, sustainable production.
The Faculty is focused on improving productivity in the agricultural sector, while ensuring the environment is protected.
There are four departments in the Faculty:
The Faculty delivers research and teaching in:
* Agronomy and plant science
* Biochemistry and cell biology
* Ecology and conservation
* Food science
* Nutrition and health
* Plant pathology
* Soil and physical sciences
* Statistics and computational modelling
* Viticulture and oenology.
Faculty staff are involved in a large number of academic programmes from undergraduate certificates and diplomas, through undergraduate degrees to postgraduate programmes.
The Faculty operates its own vineyard, horticultural research area, winery and nursery as well as four research farms:
* Ashley Dene Pastoral Systems Research
* Sheep Technology Unit
* Iverson Field and Horticultural Area
* Lincoln University Research Dairy Farm (LURDF).
The Faculty is research-led and there are five research centres aligned to the Faculty:
Want more information?
Professor Grant Edwards
+64 3 423 06660