The Centre’s aim is to embody the best aspects of both academic and industrial cultures, allowing them to uphold scientific ideals while at the same time demonstrating an awareness of real world constraints. They provide exciting opportunities for postgraduate students to formulate challenging research questions and answer them in a scientifically rigorous manner.
- Artificial neural network applications
- Computational stochastic dynamics
- Fracture mechanics of biological materials
- Computational and mathematical modelling
- Non-invasive imaging (dielectric tomography)
- Molecular systems biology.