The Centre for Soil and Environmental Research (CSER) conducts scientific research designed to advance sustainable production and environmental protection.
The Centre has research expertise in:
- Farming and the environment
- Land treatment of organic wastes
- Leaching of nitrate, phosphate, pesticides and heavy metals
- Mitigation of nitrous oxide greenhouse gas emissions and inventory measurements
- Nitrification inhibitor use
- Soil and environmental physics
- Soil and water chemistry.
The Centre facilitates innovation and provides practical solutions to clients' problems, through multidisciplinary contract research programmes.
The Centre is well resourced with modern scientific equipment including the most advanced lysimeter laboratory facility in the southern hemisphere.
Programmes support a large multicultural group of high motivated post-doctoral, PhD and MSc students carrying out internationally-regarded research.
The Centre is also part of the South Island Dairying Development Centre (SIDDC), a joint venture between Lincoln University, DairyNZ, Ravensdown Fertliser Cooperative Ltd, the South Island Dairy Event network of farmers (SIDE), the Livestock Improvement Corporation (LIC), Plant & Food Research, and AgResearch.
Want more information?
Email the Centre at email@example.com.