Lincoln University's campus provides a wonderful relaxed environment in which to learn leadership skills and how to be an effective team member.
With the use of co-operative games and problem solving initiatives, each workshop offers skills which are specific and relevant. Having fun is also an important factor in learning.
The leadership and team building programmes show students how to listen more effectively and how to raise the awareness of themselves and others.
The trained staff at the Recreation Centre pride themselves on their flexibility, and can create programmes to meet your individual needs. Whether you choose a course that runs for a day or a full week you can be assured your participants will leave with an enhanced appreciation of how to be a better leader and team member.
You can select from a one day programme or have programmes designed to cater for individual group needs.
Programmes can be held at Lincoln University or at a location of your choice.
Lincoln University can provide individual accommodation for up to 400 people.
Download the brochure below for more information
Building Teams - Developing Leaders (PDF 2 MB)
There is also the opportunity to have a programme designed to meet the specific needs of the group.
Examples of some different options include:
- Adventure based options include the Krypton Factor course at Burnham
- Career planning
- Health and fitness evaluation
- Health and nutrition advice
- Sport specific training for sports teams.
The programme can also be designed to include a great BBQ lunch!
Who is the programme suited to?
- Senior school students
- School leaders, prefects and peer support
- Junior leaders
- Sports teams
- Employment skills students
- Corporate groups
Key benefits from participation
- Increased levels of communication
- Greater understanding of group dynamics
- Strengthened trust between participants
- Increased self-confidence
- Enhanced leadership qualities
- Strengthened team work skills
Our happy clients include:
- Christchurch Girls High School
- St Andrew's College
- Avonside Girls High School
- Hillmorton Girls High School
- Waimate High School
- Westmount School Canterbury
- Riccarton High School
- Aoraki Sports Academy
- Lincoln University Future Leaders Programme
- Lincoln University Sports Scholarship Programme
Want more information?
Contact the Recreation Centre:
(Leadership Programme Co-ordinator)
Phone: +64 3 325 3606
Fax: +64 3 325 3889