Information and IT Security Policy
This policy aims to ensure that the information and information technology assets for the University are managed in such a way that the University and its students obtain maximum benefit from the information and technology, whilst minimising the risks associated with these assets and controlling the cost of ownership.
The main Principles include:
- Service Requests
- Change Requests
- Information Ownership
- Access Control - Authetication
- Privileged Access to Systems
- Information Management
- Responsibilities of Users in Careing for IT Resources
- Appropriate Use of Facilities
- Internet and Email Acceptable Use
- Connection of Equipment to the Network
- Remote Access
- Asset Management
- Disposal of Equipment
- Change Control
- Physical Security
- Loss or Damage
- Intrusion Detection
- System Monitoring
- System Capacity Planning
- Business Continuity
- Disaster Recovery
- Enforcement of this Policy
- Disciplinary Process
- Cost of Investigation
Internet Use Policy
Reasonable access to the Internet is included in the student services levy paid by all on-campus students.
Access to the Internet from the Lincoln campus network is governed by a number of University policies including, the "ITS Policies for Users" (PDF 122 KB) and, the "Information and IT Security Policy" (PDF 192 KB).
It is your individual responsibility to read and comply.
You are required to familiarise yourself with the policies as a condition of access to the internet from the Lincoln network. Please note ignorance of these policies and or their content is not an acceptable excuse should you be found in breach thereof.
Please pay attention to the sanctions in these policies and others that may be imposed by the Proctors for breaches of University Policy and Rules.
The University monitors Internet traffic. Every site visited and every image or file downloaded is recorded!
ITS Policies for Identity and Access Management
This document sets out ITS policies for users. The main policy areas are:
- Usercodes - types & eligibility, creation, conditions of use, expiry, deletion
- Storage - file deletion, disk quotas, backup
- Access and Services - from remote locations, to labs, for University-owned workstations, for University owned servers, for private workstations, for external users.
ITS Policies for Identity and Access Management (PDF 122 KB)