Known as the Garden City of New Zealand, Christchurch offers:
- A diverse range of cafes, restaurants, bars, and nightclubs
- Excellent sporting facilities, golf clubs and clubs
- Movie theatres galore
- Lots of boutique clothing designers.
All kinds of recreational activities - a day at the beach, mountain biking, tennis, golf, surfing, fishing, ten-pin bowling and much more
Internationally acclaimed parks, reserves and outdoor recreation areas.
What's more - you need only travel a little further to sample:
- Surfing at Taylor's Mistake
- Bungy jumping and hot pools at Hanmer Springs
- Tramping at Arthurs Pass.
There are eight ski fields, all less than two hours away.
You can also fish for trout or salmon in one of the region's many rivers and lakes.
Take a day trip to Akaroa and swim with the dolphins.
And that's just a small part of what being a student in Christchurch is all about.