- Student LifeTe Ao Ākonga
- About LincolnMō Mātou
Ready to apply?APPLY NOW
Lincoln University students have been studying overseas as part of their degrees since 1975. We encourage overseas study opportunities, as the benefits of international study are becoming increasingly significant in today’s global workforce.
The Lincoln University Overseas Exchange (LincOE) programme in brief:
* Study at any one of our partner institutions in Canada, Europe, USA or South America
* Continue to pay Lincoln University fees only (scholarships and Studylink are still available)
* Credit your overseas courses back to your Lincoln degree – there’s no need to extend the length of your studies
* Study overseas for one semester or an academic year
* Meet people from a different culture and make new friends
* See another part of the world without pausing your studies
* Study subjects in addition to those available at Lincoln and broaden your knowledge of a particular discipline.
Where can I study?
Here are a list of our exchange partners:
* Colorado State University, USA
* Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
* Geisenheim University, Germany
* Lahti University, Finland
* Norwegian University of Life Sciences (UMB), Norway
* Oregon State University, USA
* Purdue University, USA
* SLU, Uppsala, Sweden(Postgraduate)
* University College Dublin, Ireland (Bachelor of Agricultural Science)
* University of California, USA
* University of Copenhagen (KVL), Denmark
* University of Guelph, Canada
* University of Hohenheim, Germany
* University of Montevideo, Uruguay
* Umeå University, Sweden
* Waginengen University, Netherlands
* University of Brawijaya - Indonesia
Euroleague of Life Sciences (ELLS)
The University is a partner member of ELLS, an exclusive network of seven leading European universities.
Interested? Here's how you go about it
Call in to Student Administration and see the Study Abroad and Exchange Administrator to discuss the available options.
Students generally go overseas in their second year of a three-year programme, and should usually apply at least one semester in advance, however, applications are still considered if you want to go in your third year.
You will normally need a B average. You also should be fit and healthy and a good ambassador for Lincoln University.
How to apply
Choose a university from the list of partner institutions listed above and research the courses you want to take. Fact sheets and information can be found in Student Administration.
Then complete the application form below (also available from Student Administration) by the following deadlines:
* 1 August for Study Abroad in semester one
* 1 December for Study Abroad in semester two.
To apply, please fill out the LincOE application form (PDF 96KB).
International students already studying at an overseas university can come and experience Lincoln as part of their degree under our Study Abroad programme.
Lincoln University is a signatory to the New Zealand Government Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students.
For more information, please contact:
Diane de Haan
Study Abroad and Exchange Administrator
Phone: +64 3 423 0048