How to study at Lincoln University
Apply to study
Send us your completed application form, or apply online. Then:
- Lincoln University will assess your application
- You should receive a conditional offer of admission
- You may need to supply additional documentation
- You can check your application status at any time in your Student Centre in LUCAS http://lucas.lincoln.ac.nz
Once you are admitted, use LUCAS to accept the admission offer. Then:
- Within LUCAS complete the items in your To Do List
- Select courses using course planning information or by contacting academic staff for advice
- Pay your fees
- Collect your ID card from the Library
- Attend orientation events and meet students from around the world!
Please note - postgraduate students please contact your Faculty Administrator for orientation information.
There are literally hundreds of grants, allowances and scholarships available to students at all stages of study.
Student Loans & Allowances
If you are studying full time, you may be be eligible for a student allowance to help meet living costs.
From one semester certificates, through Bachelor degrees, to multiyear PhDs we've got an option that suits you.
You may choose to live at home, share an apartment/flat or live on-campus in the Halls of Residence.
The amount you pay, will depend on your enrolment, and is calculated on the courses you select.
Study & Living Costs
Your costs will consist of tuition fees, study costs (field trips, textbooks) and living expenses.
Guide For Parents
The things your parents and care givers will want to know
Introduction for International Students
What it's like at Lincoln
Lincoln University gallery
Studying at Lincoln is different
Great reasons to choose a specialist university
Lecturers have an open door policy.
Most examples are real world.
There is always someone to talk to about your courses.
Lincoln University TV advertisement