To gain admission to the Diplomas in Agriculture and Horticulture you will require the following:
- A minimum of 40 NCEA credits at Level 2 or higher over 4 approved subjects approved by Lincoln University for entry to these diplomas, or the equivalent.
- The literacy and numeracy requirements for University Entrance must also be met. All applications are assessed on a case by case basis.
Admission to the Diplomas in Farm Management and Horticultural Management is normally met by completing the Agriculture or Horticulture diploma first.
Admission to other Diplomas (Applied Science, Commerce, Māori Studies, Natural Resources, Social Science and Software and Information Technology), offered at Lincoln University have the same entry criteria as for entry to Bachelor degrees.
If you are still studying, apply now anyway (If you are doing NCEA or CIE in New Zealand we can check the results online after their release and confirm our offer of admission), or you must send us a verified copy of the results as soon as they are released.
Applicants will be required to provide:
Admission staff will confirm what they require from you when they assess your application.
- We'll send you a username and password so that you can check your application in your Student Centre in LUCAS, our online student administration system. When you have cleared your To Do List you can then accept our offer of admission.
- Enrol - choose courses that you'll study so you can begin earning credits toward your degree.
- International students - you will need to show us that you have the correct Visa and that you have approved insurance.
- Register - the final step to becoming a student. Let us know how will you pay your fees.
- Come to orientation, get to know our campus and meet people from around New Zealand and the world.
* Denotes availability of definition in the glossary