You may be able to ease the financial burden of tertiary education with one of the many university scholarships awarded to New Zealand students each year.
There are literally hundreds of grants, allowances and scholarships available to students at all stages of study.
Our scholarships database provides details of scholarships provided, promoted or administered specifically by Lincoln University.
You can apply for any number of scholarships that you are eligible for.
Each student can earn up to NZD$35,000 worth of scholarships per annum, plus fees.
If you already have a scholarship please check the regulations to determine if you are able to hold other scholarships concurrently.
If you are an international student please check the regulations to see if you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships stipulate that only New Zealand citizens or permanent residents are eligible to apply.
In most cases Australian citizens are deemed to be NZ residents for the purposes of scholarship eligibility unless the regulations of a scholarship specifically state otherwise.
- When applying for scholarships at Lincoln University the prescribed application form for each scholarship and requested documentation must be completed. There are different application forms for each scholarship so please ensure that you download and complete the appropriate form.
- Each scholarship has a set of regulations that specifies who is eligible to apply for the scholarship. Please read the regulations thoroughly to determine your eligibility. Ensure that you answer every question on the application form and provide all requested documentation e.g. birth certificate (ensure that this is a certified copy), academic transcript, photo etc. Only provide the information that is requested.
- Only provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) if this is requested. If a CV is not requested, it will not benefit your application.
Do not provide original documents. Please ensure that they are certified copies.
- Ensure that you complete and attach the requested documentation for each scholarship that you apply for. Documentation (such as birth certificates and academic transcripts) will not be gathered from your application to study or previous scholarship applications. Treat each application individually.
- Current Lincoln University students have access to their academic transcripts via LUCAS. Please ensure that you attach your own transcript as this is not the responsibility of the scholarships office.
- All pages should be A4 size and stapled in the top left hand corner. Only use one staple per application. Please do not bind your application or put it in a folder.
- Please ensure that your application reaches the Scholarships Office, P O Box 84, Lincoln University, or the address provided on the application, prior to the closing date. No undertaking will be given to accept late or incomplete applications.
- Ensure that your application is neatly presented. Applications that are difficult to read or incomplete may be disadvantaged.
This consists of a written statement regarding your abilities from a person(s) that you select. Please note that academic referees do not need to be from Lincoln University, but may be any academic individual that you deem appropriate.
- Please download the Lincoln University Referee's Report form and give it to your selected referees.
- It is your responsibility to contact your referees and ensure that they send their report directly to the Scholarships Office, or the other address on the application form, by the due date.
- Ensure that referees write the name of the scholarship(s) that you are applying for on the form. It is your responsibility to ensure that referees reports are in by the due date. The Scholarships Office will not follow up referee reports that are incomplete or absent.
- It is beneficial to provide your referees with the regulations for the scholarship for which you are applying.
Most Lincoln University scholarships are selected on the basis of the written application and the referee's reports. Some however, will require interviews. If an interview is required the scholarships office will notify you.
For Lincoln University scholarships, the selection process typically takes six to eight weeks but may take longer. All scholarship applicants will receive notification in writing once the outcome of the selection is final. Please do not contact the Scholarships Office about the outcome of scholarships, you will be contacted as soon as the selection is undertaken and the payment is organised.
Want more information?
Scholarship information is also posted on the noticeboard outside the office and outside the School Liaison office, or in the scholarships database.
Contact the Scholarships Office
Phone: +64 3 325 2811
Freephone: 0800 10 60 10 (within New Zealand only)
Fax: +64 3 325 3840
Student Administration (ground floor of the George Forbes building)
PO Box 85084
Page last updated on: 01/03/2013