A water monitoring programme for schools and community groups
What is Waterwatch?
Waterwatch is an interactive programme that involves school students and university groups in monitoring the ‘health’ of their local rivers or streams in a safe and ecologically friendly way. Waterwatch is an extension programme of Lincoln University.
To promote healthy waterways through outdoor educational experiences.
- To provide schools and community groups with the expertise and equipment to study their local waterways
- To provide a free, flexible and accessible programme of hands-on activities that encourage the sustainable management of, and responsibility for, our waterways
- To work in partnership with, and provide links between, other water quality and environmental education programmes
- To maintain a monitoring database for assessment of changes in water quality.
The Waterwatch water monitoring programme
Schools and community groups may select activities a wide range of modules. This selection will be done in consultation with the Waterwatch team.
- All equipment
- Modular programme
- Support for science fair projects
All this for free! Request a field trip now!
Or to find out how to contact a Waterwatch coordinator directly go to the 'Contact us' page.