We appreciate this will be an unusual situation for all of us but we need you to follow the rules below.
If you are in the Flats or Halls
- For the next four weeks, you must stay in your own Flat or Hall at all times. You cannot visit others.
- There is a complete alcohol ban for the period of the close-down.
- You may go outside, take a walk or go to the supermarket – but you must be sure to stay at least two metres away from anyone else.
- Domestic travel is not allowed, as it may help spread the virus.
If you feel unwell
Student Health remains open while the University is in lockdown. You must phone 03 3253835 before coming to the clinic. All your calls will be answered.
Symptoms of COVID-19 are similar to a range of other illnesses such as influenza and do not necessarily mean that you have COVID-19. They include fever, coughing and difficulty breathing.
However, if you have these symptoms and have recently been overseas, or have been in close contact with someone confirmed with COVID-19, please contact Healthline on 0800 358 5453 immediately.
Accommodation Services staff will still be working
- Mostly from home but we are still here to support you. You can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org if needed.
- We will be phoning you every day during the lockdown – please answer otherwise a staff member will come looking for you.
- Please download Skype for Business or ZOOM so we can video call you.
- If you have not yet joined the Facebook page for your Hall or Flats, please do so immediately, as this is the main way Accommodation Services will communicate with you.
- The Accommodation Office will open once a week for a very short time so anyone that has mail can collect it. The opening times each week will be communicated to you if you have mail to pick up. The office will operate on a one in and one out model, so please follow the instructions of staff.
- Make sure you and your flatmates clean the bathroom and kitchen after use.
- You have a dining hall schedule – you must follow it.
- Make sure you and your podmates wipe down the bathroom and kitchen after use.
- Housekeepers will still be coming to clean – please respect them and stay at least two metres away at all times.
Security will be available 24/7 - phone 0800 545 644 from 7:30am – 11pm and 0800 545 388 outside of those times.
- Remember to keep in contact socially – phone home, text with friends, sit outside (two metres apart) and chat.
- Keep an eye on the Lincoln website for up to date communication from the University - https://www.lincoln.ac.nz/News-and-Events/lincoln-Advice-on-coronavirus-outbreak/?sti=1
If we all follow these rules then the lockdown period will be easier and safer for all of us. Thanks for your cooperation.