Rā Whakawhanaukataka | Orientation Day
17 February 2023 | Events
Rā Whakawhanaukataka | Orientation Day is the start of your journey towards becoming part of our Lincoln University whānau.
On the day, expect a range of sessions that will help you begin studying at Lincoln.
You will receive important academic information, learn about the support services available and have the chance to meet other new students by participating in social activities.
There are also heaps of chances to win prizes and you get free lunch.
Where: Stewart Building
When: 9am-3pm, Friday 17 February
What to Expect
All new to Lincoln Students:
- 8.30am - Check-in commences (with QR code found on your registration confirmation email).
- 9am - Welcome to the LU Whānau session.
- 10am – Goosechase (an interactive social activity) commences.
- 11.30am to 1pm – Free lunch (food truck, music, games and giveaways).
Recommended afternoon sessions (for specific cohorts/students):
- 1-2pm International Student Orientation (compulsory), Venue: Stewart 2 (S2)
- 1-1.30pm Under-18 Non-halls Student Briefing (compulsory), Venue: Ross 1 (R1)
- 1-2pm Diploma in Agriculture / Diploma in Horticulture Orientation, Venue: Stewart 1 (S1)
- 1.30-2.30pm Bachelor of Sport Recreation and Management, Venue: Ross 2 (R2)
- 2pm-2.30pm Certificate in University Studies (CUS) and Diploma in University Studies (DUS), Venue: Stewart 3 (S3)
- 2-3pm School of Landscape Architecture (SoLA) Orientation, Venue: SOLA building 3rd year studio on the second floor.
If you haven’t completed important tasks like getting your student ID card, car parking permit or working out where the lecture rooms are for your first day of university, there will be plenty of people around to help you out. We recommend coming along during Preparation Week so Friday is free for orientation activities.
Can't make it?
If you are studying on campus but cannot make it to the Welcome to the LU Whānau session on Friday, you are welcome to attend the online session on Thursday 16 February, 5.15pm-6.15pm.
Join the orientation here.
If you have questions about Orientation Day or certain requirements to meet your personal needs, contact us. We are here to help.
Lincoln University Students' Association (LUSA) O'Week
LUSA holds a series of social activities including Toga Party and Clubs Market. Check out their website here for more information.