Information for parents/caregivers
Our students are at the heart of our campus life, and their safety and wellbeing mean everything to us.
Please rest assured that during the COVID-19 Red traffic light setting, we are totally committed to providing our student whānau with the vibrant and rewarding campus experience for which we’re famous, while at the same time safeguarding the wellbeing of our entire campus community.
It is essential that students in our accommodation care know that the full extent of our resources are dedicated to supporting them, and that they should reach out to us whenever they need us.
We have supplied them with our 24/7 contact details and encouraged them to get in touch with any questions or concerns.
Listed below are the processes we have implemented for accommodation students during the Red light setting. Lincoln University is following MoE guidelines for Tertiary Education Organisations on operating under the COVID-19 Protection Framework (CPF), and all requirements in place are in accordance with Government guidance.
These processes have been communicated to all our accommodation students directly by our Residential Advisers and on the Lincoln University Facebook page.
Operating alongside the Red light processes are our catering services, which are delivering meals (including specified dietary requirements) to self-isolating individual accommodation students three times daily, plus our organised schedule of daily fresh air activities carried out in our nominated outdoor area.
- If you are unwell or have any symptoms, you must isolate in your room
- Please contact Accommodation via the contact number below (or 021 546 143) to tell us that you are unwell or isolating
- If you have been identified as a household contact or you are unwell please call the University Health Centre to organise a test or to get medical advice - 03-325 3835
- Please keep doors closed when housekeepers are cleaning bathrooms, and when meals are being delivered for the safety of all staff if you are isolating
- Whilst isolating you are still able to use the bathroom facilities but must wear a mask and spray antigen spray on all surfaces that you touch
- We are adding in additional cleaning supplies to allow you to clean the surfaces in your rooms or bathrooms if you want to whilst isolating
- If you are isolating please don’t use large communal areas as this increases risk
- Whilst you are isolating all classes will be able to be accessed online via learn. Please let your lecturers know if you have a compulsory class or lab you need to attend, but cannot due to being unwell or isolating
- If you are well or a close contact please ensure you wear your mask for the safety of yourself and others
We understand that many of you will be experiencing a mix of emotions following the news of positive cases of COVID-19 in Christchurch. We are here to support you and will continue to keep you updated as things change
- Support is available if you are struggling at the moment. A detailed list of all the wellbeing and financial support contacts can be found on our website here
- We highly recommend you contact your parents or friends for support through this time
- If you have any questions, you need anything or have any concerns, please contact the below people as options:
- 021 546 143 – Rachel – Accommodation Manager
- 03 423 0525 – Accommodation Office
- In the evening you can call the Lincsafe office, which is our halls night staff on 0800 545 644 if you need any help. This number can also be diverted to campus security for help and they are on site 24/7
- In the evening call healthline 0800 611 116 if you need medical advice
- And in an emergency please call 111