Integrated Plant Protection
You’ll explore the use of multiple control methods in the development of effective integrated plant protection programmes.
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe the biology and ecology of a specified disease and pest organisms.
- Outline methods for management of these diseases and pests.
- Develop annual management plans that integrate the many control methods into programs suitable for host and pest/disease development phases.
- Discuss the relative merits of different control methods.
- Critically discuss the ability of one existing programme to meet the needs of growers and to manage the common pests and diseases in a sustainable way.
Associate Professor Eirian Jones
Chair AGLS Postgraduate Research Committee
Department of Pest Management and Conservation[email protected]