Language and Writing for Tertiary Study
This course will help you development your language skills and expression appropriate for tertiary study and to introduce research and writing skills for tertiary study.
This course is available online as part of the Certificate in University Studies programme.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is C.University Studies, 1011
your Academic Program is C.University Studies, 1009
|Available semesters||November Summer School 2023 Semester 1 2024 Semester 2 2024|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Use basic academic structures in simple written academic assignments.
- Begin to apply the conventions of written academic expression to discuss academic topics.
- Paraphrase, summarize, and synthesize information, and arguments from selected academic sources.
- Demonstrate an elementary ability to use citations and referencing to maintain academic integrity.
- Apply a guided research and writing cycle to produce simple academic assignments.
Dorota (Dot) Brodala
University Studies and English Language Divisiondorota.email@example.com