Mathematics and Statistics for Tertiary Study 1
A grounding in basic mathematical skills in algebra and co-ordinate geometry for tertiary study, plus an introduction to the calculation and presentation of statistical data.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Your Academic Program is D.University Studies III, 1013
your Academic Program is C.University Studies, 1011
your Academic Program is C.University Studies (Online), 1009
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Manipulate algebraic expressions using expanding and factorising techniques, and solve linear and quadratic equations.
- Apply co-ordinate geometry skills in solving problems.
- Choose the best measure of central tendency and variability for different levels of measurement and calculate probability for both discrete and continuous random variables.
- Organise and construct graphical representations of data, and write a conclusion about patterns and trends.
- Apply algebra and statistical skills in examples relevant to other disciplines.
University Studies and English Language Division[email protected]