Plant Pest Management
You’ll examine the interactions between plants and their pests, the destruction they cause in natural or urban ecosystems, and strategies to manage them.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2021|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe ways by which the key types of pests cause injury and damage and discuss the economic and other impacts of these pests.
- Detail a range of pest control methods used for avoidance, reduction and elimination of pest problems in a range of crops.
- Apply selected methods for the diagnosis and identification of pest problems.
- Develop integrated pest management programmes that use a range of control methods for the key pest groups of a selected crop.
- Understand impacts of different techniques for disease and pest management on the sustainability of farming or growing ecosystems.
Dr Manjula Kularathna
Department of Pest Management and Conservation[email protected]