Plant Pest Management
You’ll examine the interactions between plants and their pests, the destruction they cause in natural or urban ecosystems, and strategies to manage them.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe ways by which the key types of pests cause injury and damage and discuss the economic and other impacts of these pests.
- Detail a range of pest control methods used for avoidance, reduction and elimination of pest problems in a range of crops.
- Apply selected methods for the diagnosis and identification of pest problems.
- Develop integrated pest management programmes that use a range of control methods for the key pest groups of a selected crop.
- Understand impacts of different techniques for disease and pest management on the sustainability of farming or growing ecosystems.
Dr Manjula Kularathna
Department of Pest Management and Conservation[email protected]