Whakatakoto Kaupapa (Māori Planning and Development)
You’ll grow your knowledge of kaupapa Māori approaches to planning and development.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Discuss the history of Māori planning and development in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Describe traditional and contemporary Māori and other Indigenous approaches to development.
- Know the diversity of modern Māori and Indigenous identities.
- Discuss the Treaty of Waitangi for Māori planning and policy-making.
- Outline the theoretical and analytical skills needed to inform Māori and Indigenous development.
- Identify government and local authority obligations to Māori in planning processes.
- Undertake basic research on Māori planning and development issues.
- Work in the bi-cultural contexts of planning and development in Aotearoa New Zealand.
For course information, please contact Dy Jolly.