Cancer Society of New Zealand Landscape Architecture SunSmart Schools Scholarship
This scholarship involves undertaking research to develop design guidelines in support of sun protection behaviour in public schools across New Zealand, located in different climate zones.
- Gained entrance into the 120-credit Master of Landscape Architecture (by thesis) at Lincoln University
- Demonstrated skills in academic writing
- Interest in designing for the protection of children from skin cancer in schoolyards
- Inventory and analysis skills especially with respect to blocking of direct/indirect UVR, microclimate mitigation and attractive schoolyard activities
- Design and graphic communication skills
- Available to New Zealand citizens or permanent resident visa holders