Skip to main content

Undergraduate FAQ

Got questions for us? Start by checking out our FAQs.

Undergraduate FAQ

Got questions for us? Start by checking out our FAQs.

When do classes start?

Review the Key Dates for important academic and enrolment related dates.

How do I find out where my classes are?

On the front page of your Student Centre in LUCAS, there is a link to our timetable. By putting your courses into the timetable, you can see when the courses are taught and where. If you are planning ahead, don't forget to double-check the room/lecture theatre just before the start of the semester - from time to time, we have to make last-minute changes.

How do I book my tutorials?

Many courses have additional tutorials. Once you have enrolled in LUCAS for the course, check the course details in Learn (the student portal) for details on how to select your tutorial times. Often this won't be available until close to the start of the semester.

I have to do some practical work for my degree/diploma. Where can I find information about that?

First of all, if you are not sure whether your programme has a compulsory practical work requirement, then check the Practical Work page. Click on your programme and you will find a link there to your handbook. The handbook will answer most of your questions and you can visit the Practical Work Co-ordinator when you arrive on campus. She often visits classes early in the semester and it is important to understand the requirements for your degree/diploma from the start of your study.

I'm not sure what to enrol in - how do I get some course advice?

If this is your first year studying an undergraduate degree or diploma at Lincoln, then you will find a course planner useful to select the best courses for your qualification. You will see which courses are compulsory and where you would have space to fill with an elective. The planners note the timetable block for each course. By choosing courses in different timetable blocks you won't have any timetable clashes.

If you have finished your first year you will find these planners useful as well, although if you need advice, please make contact with your course advisor in the Faculty. They are all listed along with your qualification details on our website. 

How do I get help to use your online enrolment system, LUCAS?

The friendly staff in the Student Administration office are always happy to help. However, you might find the answer you are looking for in our handy guides.


I passed some courses at another New Zealand university. How do I transfer that credit to my Lincoln degree?

When you apply you should let us know that you have studied elsewhere. We will ask you to send us a copy of your official academic record from your last university. There is a fee to assess your application and to place the credit on your Lincoln record.

Sometimes we will need to ask you to supply us with course outlines so that we can complete a credit assessment. Our aim is to provide you with the most useful credit we can.