Scholarships can help pay for your study and there are many scholarship options available to Lincoln students.
Our scholarships database
provides details of scholarships provided, promoted or administered specifically by Lincoln University.
Scholarships all have eligibility criteria. Students can apply for any number of scholarships, providing you meet the eligibility criteria for each. If you already have a scholarship please check the regulations to determine if you are able to hold other scholarships concurrently.
There are also a number of scholarships available for international students.
In most cases Australian citizens are deemed to be New Zealand residents for the purposes of scholarship eligibility unless the regulations of a scholarship specifically state otherwise.
- When applying for scholarships at Lincoln the prescribed application form for each scholarship and requested documentation must be completed. There are different application forms for each scholarship so please ensure that you download and complete the appropriate form.
- Each scholarship has a set of regulations that specifies who is eligible to apply for the scholarship. Please read the regulations thoroughly to determine your eligibility. Ensure that you answer every question on the application form and provide all requested documentation e.g. birth certificate (ensure that this is a certified copy), academic transcript, photo etc. Only provide the information that is requested.
- Please only provide a Curriculum Vitae (CV) if this is requested. If a CV is not requested, it will not benefit your application.
- Please do not provide original documents, ensure that they are certified copies.
- Ensure that you complete and attach the requested documentation for each scholarship that you apply for. Documentation (such as birth certificates and academic transcripts) will not be gathered from your application to study or previous scholarship applications. Treat each application individually.
- Current Lincoln University students have access to their academic transcripts via the University's student management system, LUCAS. Please ensure that you attach your own transcript as this is not the responsibility of the scholarships office.
- All pages should be A4 size and stapled in the top left hand corner. Only use one staple per application. Please do not bind your application or put it in a folder.
- Please ensure that your application reaches the Scholarships Office, PO Box 85084, Lincoln University, Lincoln 7647, or the address provided on the application, prior to the closing date. No undertaking will be given to accept late or incomplete applications.
- Ensure that your application is neatly presented. Applications that are difficult to read or incomplete may be disadvantaged.
This consists of a written statement regarding your abilities from a person(s) that you select. Please note that academic referees do not need to be from Lincoln University, but may be any academic individual that you deem appropriate.
- Please download the Lincoln University Referee's Report form and give it to your selected referees.
- It is your responsibility to contact your referees and ensure that they send their report directly to the Scholarships Office, or the other address on the application form, by the due date.
- Ensure that referees write the name of the scholarship(s) that you are applying for on the form. It is your responsibility to ensure that referees’ reports are in by the due date. The Scholarships Office will not follow up referee reports that are incomplete or absent.
- It is beneficial to provide your referees with the regulations for the scholarship for which you are applying.
Most Lincoln University scholarships are selected on the basis of the written application and the referee's report. Some however, will require interviews. If an interview is required the Scholarships Office will notify you.
For Lincoln University scholarships, the selection process typically takes six to eight weeks but may take longer. All scholarship applicants will receive notification in writing once the outcome of the selection is final. Please do not contact the Scholarships Office about the outcome of scholarships, you will be contacted as soon as the selection is undertaken and the payment is organised.
Want more information?
PO Box 85084