Academic Preparation and Pathways (AP&P)
Providing you with high-quality academic and English language pathways.
We prepare students for successful study in all levels of academic programmes at Lincoln University, from certificate to PhD.
Our team of qualified teachers has expertise in contemporary teaching practices, assessment that builds confidence and creating inclusive communities of learning.
- AP&P staff are experts in teaching, student learning and preparing students for successful further study at Lincoln University.
- Our University Studies programmes will help you to develop the skills you need for higher level study without having to go elsewhere to gain entry to a degree.
- You have the choice of two different paths to further study: the Certificate in University Studies and Diploma in University Studies.
- The English for Academic Purposes (EAP) course will prepare you for successful study at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Teaching and assessments are delivered in four-week modules, meaning that you can start at various times throughout the year.
- STAR (Secondary Tertiary Alignment Resource) allows students to enrol in first year degree-level courses while in Year 12 or 13, with their success recognised when they transition to University, as their credits go toward their first-year courses.
- The Graduate Certificate in Academic English (GCAE) is also offered to those wanting to enter postgraduate study. It combines English language skills with academic preparation for our postgraduate programmes.
Deputy Director, Academic Preparation and Pathways