International students must hold a current, valid Visa to be able to study in New Zealand at Lincoln University.
Apply for your visa on the Immigration New Zealand website. To apply, you will need:
- An Offer of Place from Lincoln University
- Evidence that your fees have been paid, normally a fee receipt
- Your passport
- A digital photo for uploading (.jpg)
- Proof of funds for your living expenses (NZ$20,000 per year)
- Evidence of funds to cover travel to your home country at the end of your study, or an air ticket to your home country
- Your visa application fee
You may also be asked for the following:
- Medical certificates or a chest x-ray (check the Immigration website for further information)
- A Police Certificate
- Additional information if you will be under the age of 18 years when you begin your study.
When you arrive on campus in New Zealand, we will want to see evidence of your visa and will check that you hold appropriate insurance.
If you are a returning international student, or continuing, please make sure you apply for your new visa at least one month before your current visa expires.
Ensure you have completed enrolment for the period you are wanting your next visa to cover. Then contact the Student Administration team on the ground floor of the Hudson building to ask for a Confirmation of Enrolment, and ensure your fees have been paid.
Please note the details on your Student Visa and ensure you are compliant at all times. Students enrolled in the approved online programmes may choose to enrol off-shore. If choosing to study in New Zealand, you must be on location at Lincoln University’s campus and taking part in face-to-face teaching and support.