Work at Lincoln
As the longest-running land-based university in the Southern Hemisphere, our story begins with farming, but it certainly doesn’t end there.
As New Zealand’s economy has diversified, so have we. Our mission is to enhance and enrich lives - to grow the knowledge of our students so they can shape a world that benefits from a greater understanding of the relationship between our land, the food produced from it and the ecosystems within it.
With three academic faculties, one teaching division, several research centres and a range of corporate service units, we draw our students and staff from throughout New Zealand and more than 60 countries around the world. We have a student roll of around 3,000 and approximately 600 staff.
Lincoln is a progressive university, with ambitious strategic goals and a commitment to having a professional workforce that reflects the diversity of its community. We are committed to the Treaty of Waitangi and the objectives and values as set out in our Māori Strategy, including the goal of a bi-cultural campus, he papa tikaka rua.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and have an active Equal Diversity and Inclusiveness committee. Our staff actively engage with students, parents, government, iwi, community groups and many other external stakeholders to ensure that we're doing our part to meet the needs of New Zealand and the global community.
Working at Lincoln comes with a wide range of employee benefits.
- New Zealand Universities’ Superannuation scheme - UniSaver and/or KiwiSaver
- Five weeks of annual leave
- Five university holiday days - Easter Tuesday, as well as the days between Christmas and New Year are given to Lincoln employees as paid days off without needing to take these as annual leave
- Contributions towards eye tests and the cost of glasses
- Free counselling for staff and their immediate families through the Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- A flexible, family-friendly workplace
- A state-of-the-art, on-campus gym with discounted fees for staff
- Free Boost Rewards membership
- Access to the Employer-Based Health Insurance Scheme
Note: Exact benefit entitlements may vary depending on employment status and conditions of employment.
We are proud to offer a range of schemes that recognise the achievements of our staﬀ and show our appreciation of their contributions.
- Staff Excellence Awards
- Lincoln University Teaching Excellence Awards
- LUSA Lincoln’s Best Awards
- Lincoln University Medals
Supporting ongoing development
Our comprehensive staff development programme provides staff with the opportunity to acquire the skills they need to develop their full potential. The programme also encourages staff to learn new skills to meet the ever-changing needs of the university environment.
|For all staff||For managers||Other|