What's it Like to Study at Lincoln?
We are a family intent on a shared mission: to enhance lives through the natural ecosystems that spring from a healthy relationship with the land.
At Lincoln University, we’ve been leading land and primary industry-based education and research for more than 140 years.
We know where our sectors are evolving and the changes we need to make to take care of our natural environment and protect our biodiversity.
Equally, we understand the constants: the ever-present, unchanging principles that are essential to a healthy relationship with the land, food, fibre and natural ecosystems.
- Many of our lecturers are actively involved with industry in the areas that they teach. This means you learn about what’s happening right now, in Aotearoa New Zealand and around the world. We also attract the most research funding per head than any other New Zealand university.
- Classes are small, so you get plenty of interaction with lecturers and your fellow students. You can ask plenty of questions and test your own conclusions.
- Many of our programmes have a strong component of practical experience. There are regular field trips and opportunities to apply your newly-learnt skills to solving real problems.
Grow Your Future At Lincoln
Lincoln University is the perfect place to grow your career.
Did you know?
- Lincoln University is 15th rated for small universities in the world (2022 QS World University Rankings)
- We are in the top 1.5 per cent of all universities globally (2020/2021 QS World University Rankings)
- We have eight farms and 13 research centres.