Flagship Science Facility - Waimarie
The construction project for our flagship science facility was officially launched at a ground-breaking ceremony at the construction site in February 2021.
The new building, due for completion in mid-2023, will be a fit-for-future learning and research facility located within a bio-diverse park-like environment.
The new science facilities will comprise:
- Modern, well-lit, climate-controlled learning areas, office workspace and collaboration spaces designed to suit the needs of students, staff, postgraduate researchers and our industry partners
- State-of-the-art research laboratories and equipment
- Contemporary teaching spaces
- Adjustable meeting and conference zones
- Multi-use social spaces
- Café and heat-and-eat area
- Purpose-built areas for specialist research activities.
In line with the University’s sustainable infrastructure goals, the new building will have minimal environmental impact, featuring roof- and wall-mounted solar arrays, a ground-sourced heating/cooling system and a rainwater-fed toilet flushing system.
Waimarie teaching block opened July 2023
With the start of Semester 2 on 17 July 2023, Lincoln University also celebrated the opening of the teaching block of Waimarie.
The research block of Waimarie is due for completion later in July/August 2023.