When you study at Lincoln University, we want to give you every chance to succeed
We understand that some students may need more support to help them achieve their ambitions, and are committed to providing equity of access to education.
Your motivation and enthusiasm to learn are what is important. We can help you achieve your goals
Inclusive Education – How we can help you
If you have any of the following:
- Specific learning disability – (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyspraxia, dyscalculia, executive function disorder, perceptual disabilities, brain injury)
- On the autistic spectrum
- Physical or mobility difficulties
- Mental health conditions
- Chronic anxiety
- Hearing or vision impairment
- Temporary impairment (broken limb, concussion, etc)
Then you may be eligible for the following support:
- Test and exam arrangements (separate room, extra time, rest breaks, etc.)
- Flexible deadlines
- Leniency with spelling and grammar
- Accessible parking spaces
- Assistive technology
What do you need to do?
Email email@example.com and we will arrange a time to meet with you – if you have confirmation of your diagnosis, please bring this with you. If you don’t yet have a formal diagnosis and are on a waitlist, please contact us as we can support you in the interim.
How Inclusive Education support works
In order for us to deliver support, various people who work for the University will need to know. However, you can be sure that only those who need to know will be told, and they will respect your privacy.
There will be nothing on your academic record or on your qualification to show that you have had support.
Inclusive Education complies with the Health Information Privacy Code (1994).
We are located in the Hudson Building, rooms 004 and 005 (Chapel end).
Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org or give as a call 03 423 0317 or 03 423 0087.
Usual office hours are Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 4.30pm.