When you study with us, you need to pay for your tuition and field trips, as well as covering administration and student services fees.
When are fees due?
Your fees are due the day that your study programme begins. If you enrol after the first day of the semester, you need to pay your fees as soon as your enrolment is complete.
International students studying in New Zealand should pay their fees with enough time for a student visa application to be issued by the relevant start date.
If you are an international student outside of New Zealand and are studying with us online, you do not need a student visa. Your fees should be paid in full by the first day of the relevant semester.
International students enrolled in a full-year course must pay the year's fees at the start of the enrolment period.
Australian citizens or permanent residents studying in New Zealand will pay the same fees as New Zealand citizens. If you are studying by distance in Australia, you pay international fees.
You are not eligible to apply for a New Zealand Student Loan or Allowance unless you've been living in the country for at least three years and you normally reside in New Zealand.
Paying your fees
As a domestic student, you have a variety of payment options, including several fees-free offers from the Government or Lincoln University:
- Pay by student loan: If you are paying your fees by New Zealand Student Loan, please apply to Studylink as soon as possible to allow time for your loan to be processed before you start your enrolment
- Pay through LUCAS: The available options are Account to Account, which is online banking, or by credit card
- Study fees-free: The Government's fees-free scheme is for students who are new to study. You may be able to get one year's study fees-free. Check if you are eligible for fees-free
- Have your fees covered through the Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF): This Government initiative supports learners to undertake fees-free vocational education and training in selected programmes. The fund will cover fees until 31 December 2022. Eligible programmes at Lincoln are the Diploma in Horticulture, the Diploma in Horticultural Business, the Diploma in Horticultural Management, the Diploma in Agriculture and the Diploma in Farm Management
- Take advantage of Lincoln's fee waiver: Lincoln University provides domestic students with a fee waiver for selected programmes. This is for tuition fees only (you will need to pay the student services fees yourself). The eligible programmes are Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, Postgraduate Certificates, Pathway Certificate for MPA entry, Postgraduate Diplomas (the fee waiver does not apply to the Postgraduate Diploma in Water Resource Management), Taught Master's (the fee waiver does not apply to the second semester of the Master of Precision Agriculture)
- Scholarships: If you have been awarded a scholarship that will cover part or all of your fees, please contact [email protected]
All international fees payments should be made through LUCAS. The options include:
Western Union Global Pay payment portal, is our preferred payment method for international students. It makes it easier for you to pay your NZD student fees, tuition, accommodation and insurance fees using your home currency or another international currency. You can pay from your bank account with a telegraphic transfer or use a credit card or other means of payment options for certain currencies
International Payment by a third party on behalf of the student
Our Western Union payment portal allows for third parties (parents/guardians or others) to make a secure international payment on behalf of a Lincoln University student without having access to confidential student information. You will need the student’s full name and ID number.
To pay your fees using WU GlobalPay:
- Open the Western Union Global Pay for Students payment portal and follow the instructions. Make sure you enter your full name and Lincoln student ID.
- Western Union will email you a Funds Transfer Confirmation. The exchange rate on the confirmation remains fixed for 72 hours.
- Arrange a transfer of funds from your bank (or other forms of payment) to the Western Union partner or Custom House bank listed on your Funds Transfer Confirmation.
- On receipt of funds, the Western Union partner or Custom House bank makes a payment to Lincoln and you will receive an email confirmation when this is complete.
If you have any issues using this service, contact your local Western Union office or email [email protected]
- Pay through LUCAS: The available options are Account to Account, which is online banking, or by credit card.