From your first day at Lincoln, you’ll find plenty of reasons to celebrate.
This includes celebrating your progress through your study as well as tangible academic achievements. We believe that acknowledging your success is a vital component of a healthy student experience, and helps you stay focused when the workload builds up.
Some of the things we celebrate together:
- A Pōwhiri, which involves officially welcoming new students and staff to Whare Wānaka o Aoraki and the Lincoln University whānau.
- Rā Whakawhanaukakataka Orientation, where all new students gather to celebrate the milestone of starting at Lincoln.
- Outstanding results and achievements by our individual sports competitors and teams.
- Our Blues and Golds awards, where we celebrate sporting achievements and students who have given back to the community.
- The accomplishments of our research students, who compete in the annual 3MT competition. The entire Lincoln whānau enjoys attending the presentations and celebrating the dedication of our research students.
- Recognising our top students each semester, with the Faculty Deans awarding them a place on the Dean’s List.
- Graduations that occur throughout the year, large and small. These are the most special moments, where students, staff, friends and whānau share in the celebrations.
Prizes and Awards
We recognise our students' academic, sporting and community achievements with a range of prizes and awards.
Meet some current students and recent graduates, who are well on their way to achieving their dreams. Follow in their footsteps and start growing your future.