Preparation Week 12-16 February
Preparation Week is the perfect time for both new and returning students to get help.
It could include enrolment, course advice, timetable scheduling as well as finding your way around campus with our guided tours before lectures start. Whānau are welcome to come along to support the students to have a smooth start to their Lincoln journey.
Who: All Lincoln students & whānau
When: 9am - 4pm, Monday 12 February to Friday 16 February*
Where: SOLA (School of Landscape Architecture) & Ivey Hall (Library) (Campus map)
* Student ID Card stations/library open hours are 8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday. Tuesday 13 February is reserved for accommodation students. Student ID card service will be available till 9pm on that day.
What you can get:
- Enrolment help
- Course advice
- Guidance on course timetable
- IT Help (your LU email /365 Office/printing services/campus wifi)
- Access to course information on Akoraka | Learn
- Your student ID card
- Your car parking permit
- Info on Student Health & Whare Hākinakina (the LU Gym)
- Suggestion on connecting to the LU community
- Campus tour (10am or 1.30pm, Monday to Thursday departing from Ivey Hall (the library). No booking is required.)
- Studylinks support (10am - 3pm, Thursday 15 February in Ivy Hall/library)
What to bring
- Your laptop or tablet.
- Your personal identification (passport/birth certificate/copy of visa) for your enrolment. International students: please check for admission conditions on your offer letter and bring any required documents as evidence of your personal identification.
- Your original photo ID (e.g. driver's licence/passport) and the email you received from us confirming your enrolment, so we can issue your student ID card. We are not able to accept a photo, screenshot or scanned copy of your photo ID.
- Your car licence plate number so that you can receive your parking permit.
- New student checklist (this is also available at the welcome desk in Ivey Hall).
Whānau are welcome
We understand that whānau are an important part of your journey and they are welcome to come along during Preparation Week and other orientation events to support you. We have a space in Ivey Hall (Library) where your whānau can have a cuppa and relax when you may be busy finishing up your enrolment or attending an orientation event.
Contact Wheako Tauira Student Experience or come to talk to us at the Main Reception on the ground floor in the Hudson building.
For more information on other orientation events, please see our Hui Whakawhanaukataka | Orientation webpage.
January Summer School Orientation
Join us at Orientation from January 8-12 as you start your study in the new year.
International Orientation 14 February
Get the best start to your Lincoln experience and enjoy your time in New Zealand.
Rā Whakawhanaukataka Friday 16 February
A great start to your journey towards becoming part of our Lincoln University whānau.
2024 Mihi Whakatau 19 February
Come along to your Mihi Whakatau and be welcomed into the Lincoln University family by mana whenua.