International Student Support
Specialised support options are available for international students to assist with settling in to a new country.
Every year we have students arriving from many different countries and it makes our campus a really wonderful place. It’s new, it’s different but some people need help support adapting. That’s normal and if it is you, then we’re here to help.
International student advisors
There are two International Student Advisors dedicated to supporting your pastoral care and wellbeing needs. Denise Pelvin and Dee Hannam provide a supportive and confidential service to assist international students with any issues or questions during your enrolment at Lincoln.
Some of the things we help with:
- Provide a comprehensive orientation programme for international students.
- Provide advice and support to international students on ways to adjust to life and study in New Zealand.
- Assist international students to resolve problems which could impede on the successful completion of their studies.
- Accompany international students to meetings as their support person.
- Refer international students to relevant support services within or outside the university as required.
- Ensure international students are aware of and supported through any internal grievance process.
For assistance from Dee or Denise, please email [email protected]
International Student Advisor
Wellbeing and International Support
Office: Hudson Hall - H205
Tel: +64 27 669 9248