You’ll learn the basic theory of inorganic and organic chemistry that is essential to careers in applied sciences (including biological and environmental science), agriculture and viticulture and oenology.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Explain the principles of periodicity, chemical bonding, molecular structure, intermolecular forces and stoichiometry.
- Describe the equilibria characteristics of aqueous systems, including solubility and acid-base equilibria.
- Relate the general physical and chemical properties of selected classes of organic compounds to their molecular structure.
- Apply the theoretical principles of chemistry to scientific experimentation in the laboratory.
- Calculate molecular quantities, concentrations and mass balances, and apply correct expression using SI units.
Dr Niklas Lehto
Department of Soil and Physical Sciences[email protected]