Destination Planning and Development
You’ll critically examine the planning and development of destinations for tourism and recreation and in particular, the roles of national and local government in destination planning, and the requirements and methods of public participation.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Describe in detail the types, scale and defining characteristics of tourism destinations.
- Explain how historical and current factors influence the evolution of tourism destinations.
- Outline the key principles of destination planning.
- Understand the key problems and issues facing tourism destinations, including the social, economic and environmental impacts of tourism development.
- Justify the need for destination planning.
Dr Gebeyaw Degarege
Faculty of Environment, Society and Design[email protected]