Practicum: Practical Experience in Sport and Recreation Management
You’ll get practical involvement in various areas of the sport and recreation industry.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Identify the professional skills, attitudes and behaviours associated with effective organisations, managers and staff in the sport and recreation sectors.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to analyse a variety of experiences within practical work placement(s).
- Critically reflect upon workplace issues.
- Select and apply appropriate management, planning, communication, educational or research skills and techniques specific to sport and recreation needs and settings.
- Apply interpersonal and time management skills.
Dr Catherine Elliot
Department of Tourism, Sport and Society[email protected]