Winery Equipment and Structures
An examination of the buildings and equipment used for wine processing, fermentation and storage, including the current legal requirements for wineries.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the workings and equipment in a winery.
- Identify and explain the functions of vineyard and related machinery.
- Discuss regulation in the wine industry.
- Understand key principles in mechanics, hydraulics, irrigation, frost control and vineyard support structures.
- Appreciate the inputs and contributions that an engineer has in the operation a winery and vineyard.
Department of Wine, Food and Molecular Biosciences[email protected]