If you’re an international student wanting to study at Lincoln University, you must have a current, valid Student Visa. We are unable to complete your enrolment without one.
Our helpful enrolment team will check that all the details on your Student Visa are correct before guiding you through completing your enrolment.
This is what you will need to obtain your Student Visa:
- A completed Provider Direct Student Visa Application Form (INZ 1240) for a temporary stay in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Fully paid tuition fees (once your fees are paid, we’ll send you supporting documents to include in your online application)
- Evidence, such as a bank statement, that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while studying. This includes sufficient funds to return to your home country or a valid airline ticket
- A $220 Visa application fee (this includes a $135 INZ fee and an $85 university administration fee)
- A $35 International Visitor Levy (unless you’re a citizen of a country on the IVL exempt list)
- You may also need to supply a police certificate, medical certificate or chest X-ray. New Zealand Immigration will be able to explain whether or not this applies to you
- If you’re not eligible to use the Provider Direct Student Visa service, you’ll need to apply through the Immigration New Zealand website.
Renewing your Student Visa
The Provider Direct Student Visa service in Student Administration can help you to renew your visa. You will need to:
- Study on-campus at Lincoln
- Have a valid Student Visa
- Be enrolled in a full-time study programme
- Be making good academic progress.
If you need more information on visa requirements or renewing your Student Visa, please contact:
Phone: +64 3 423 0044
Email: [email protected]
Provider Direct Visa Application service desk: Monday to Friday, 9am – 3pm, Student Administration office, George Forbes building.