A study of the underlying concepts of accommodation management. This focuses on reservations (and the consequential impact on house operations including guest services) and revenue management.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Confidently explain the inter-relationship of all operational areas of a hotel, and the specific role that Rooms Division plays.
- Critique the complexities of managing accommodation operations.
- Review then analyse the structure of the reservation process, then evaluate guest services required to support accommodation management.
- Critically evaluate and analyse a range of financial and non-financial reports related to accommodation management.
- Make qualitative and quantitative judgements on maximising room revenue that include rate structure.
- Critically review the global business environment, then evaluate business cycles and trends relevant to accommodation management.
- Use research and critique best practice industry management techniques regarding accommodation management.
- Evaluate the commercial nature of the hotel industry, including corporate social responsibility.
Associate Professor Anthony Brien
Department of Global Value Chains and Tradeanthony.firstname.lastname@example.org