Cultivate your understanding of key topics in biochemistry. With an eye on emerging technologies and their practical applications, you’ll delve into the structure and function of proteins and their crucial role in the regulation of the metabolism in plant and animal systems.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
Please note: This course can’t be fully completed online as you will need to be on campus to complete some activities.
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you’ll be able to:
- Understand the mechanisms that allow the regulation of metabolism.
- Become familiar with the role of proteins and the techniques used to analyse biological molecules.
- You’ll learn to separate, identify and quantify biological molecules.
- Use data to identify sequences and structures of proteins.
- Apply that knowledge to solve problems in biochemistry.
- Learn to appreciate the evolving nature of biochemistry and the ethical implications of new biological technologies.
Faculty of Agriculture and Life Sciences[email protected]