Advanced Climate Change and Land Use
Learn the scientific concepts underpinning the climate system and climate change, what the drivers of that change are and how New Zealand will be affected, and examine how to mitigate the impact of emissions and build resilience.
|Prerequisites and Restrictions|| You must satisfy the following requirement(s):
|Available semesters||Semester 2 2023|
What you will learn
After successfully completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the basic scientific concepts that underpin our understanding of climate change
- Analyse the main drivers of greenhouse gas emissions and report methods for measuring emissions for inventories
- Analyse options for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and recommend mitigation approaches to build resilience to climate change in land systems
- Evaluate social responses to climate change, including mitigation and adaptation
- Critically evaluate a topic of contemporary importance in the context of climate change and recommend appropriate mitigation and/or adaption.
Professor Tim Clough
Department of Soil & Physical Sciences[email protected]